iCloud Saves

Here you will find player contributed guides and help topics.

iCloud Saves

Postby rakenan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:00 pm

My iPad is starting to get a bit long in the tooth, and I'm considering an upgrade, but I don't want to lose my save progress. I know in the past that Silversword supported iCloud saves, but now I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, but it doesn't look like that's working for me any more, if it ever did.

So, what do I need to do to set up my game to save to iCloud, and how can I check to make sure it's actually working without nuking all my save games and finding out the hard way?
rakenan
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: iCloud Saves

Postby icetear » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:24 pm

1. make sure iCloud is enabled in the game settings in your "Settings" app.
2. try to log out and back log in to your iCloud Account

if this doesn't work, there is still the safe way:

backup your save game files directly from the game via iTunes AppSharing.
You will find the files there ("gameSave1"...).

After upgrading your device and reinstalling the game you can copy the files back to the game.
The game won't recognize the files at first, so before copying the files you should fill the save game slots with dummy saves.

Just drop me a note if you need further help
kind regards
Mario
Silversword - the CRPG for iPhone+iPad now on the AppStore!
Please visit us on http://www.silversword-rpg.com
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/apps/silversword
User avatar
icetear
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1304
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: iCloud Saves

Postby rakenan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:53 pm

OK, *HOW* do I get the game to recognize the save files? Nothing seems to change, I put the save files back in the File Sharing section of my iPad in iTunes, sync, and nothing happens. I'm still stuck with the 5 dummy save files.

Edit: Never mind. The dummy saves are just cosmetic - while they say they're day 1 at Castle Cranborough, when loaded they actually put me where the old saves were, and if I save again they have correct tags. Weird, but it works.
rakenan
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: iCloud Saves

Postby rakenan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:51 pm

So, what does it look like when iCloud is working?

I have logged out and back in from iCloud about 3 or 4 times now.

I have gone to Settings->Silversword and made sure that Enable iCloud Saves is set to on - the switch is to the right and the background is green. Are any other settings required here?

I have gone to Settings->rakenan->iCloud->Silversword and made sure that the switch is, as before, to the right and has a green background.

Are there any other settings I need to find and set? Because in Settings->rakenan->iCloud->Manage Storage, Silversword is not listed as saving any data. If there are settings I need to set, please tell me where they are. This is very frustrating, even though I'm at least able to preserve my save games manually now, for which many thanks.
rakenan
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: iCloud Saves

Postby icetear » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:38 pm

rakenan wrote:OK, *HOW* do I get the game to recognize the save files? Nothing seems to change, I put the save files back in the File Sharing section of my iPad in iTunes, sync, and nothing happens. I'm still stuck with the 5 dummy save files.

Edit: Never mind. The dummy saves are just cosmetic - while they say they're day 1 at Castle Cranborough, when loaded they actually put me where the old saves were, and if I save again they have correct tags. Weird, but it works.


Yes, because the save game overview is saved elsewhere - not in the save games themselves.
But you got it working, great!
Silversword - the CRPG for iPhone+iPad now on the AppStore!
Please visit us on http://www.silversword-rpg.com
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/apps/silversword
User avatar
icetear
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1304
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: iCloud Saves

Postby icetear » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:40 pm

rakenan wrote:So, what does it look like when iCloud is working?

I have logged out and back in from iCloud about 3 or 4 times now.

I have gone to Settings->Silversword and made sure that Enable iCloud Saves is set to on - the switch is to the right and the background is green. Are any other settings required here?

I have gone to Settings->rakenan->iCloud->Silversword and made sure that the switch is, as before, to the right and has a green background.

Are there any other settings I need to find and set? Because in Settings->rakenan->iCloud->Manage Storage, Silversword is not listed as saving any data. If there are settings I need to set, please tell me where they are. This is very frustrating, even though I'm at least able to preserve my save games manually now, for which many thanks.


When it works, the last save game slot should be enabled ("iCloud Save"). When it is still not enabled, I'm out of ideas at the moment because it seems that you've done everything right.

Sorry
Mario
Silversword - the CRPG for iPhone+iPad now on the AppStore!
Please visit us on http://www.silversword-rpg.com
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/apps/silversword
User avatar
icetear
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1304
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: iCloud Saves

Postby rakenan » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:21 am

icetear wrote:When it works, the last save game slot should be enabled ("iCloud Save"). When it is still not enabled, I'm out of ideas at the moment because it seems that you've done everything right.

Sorry
Mario


Most likely my iPad is just possessed by the Devil. It seems as likely as anything else I can think of at this point. Thank you for helping me at least get my save games migrated. And backed up too, for that matter.

Edit: is that a sixth save slot, or the fifth one with a different name/label?
rakenan
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: iCloud Saves

Postby icetear » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:40 am

take a look at the attached picture...

should be similar on your ipad.

fullsizeoutput_6590.jpeg
iCloud Save slot
fullsizeoutput_6590.jpeg (260.8 KiB) Viewed 90 times
Silversword - the CRPG for iPhone+iPad now on the AppStore!
Please visit us on http://www.silversword-rpg.com
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/apps/silversword
User avatar
icetear
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1304
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: iCloud Saves

Postby rakenan » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:23 am

Thank you!

I have 5 save slots, none of which is labeled as an iCloud save.

I'm going to just call it a mystery. I probably have some weird error in my iCloud account configuration that's interfering, and that would be a problem I'd have to resolve with Apple.
rakenan
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: iCloud Saves

Postby Visstar » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:13 pm

rakenan wrote:I have 5 save slots, none of which is labeled as an iCloud save.


Only 5 save slots will fit on the screen at once. Swipe your finger up to scroll and see the rest of the slots. iCloud Save is way at the bottom.
May the Vishanti guide me through this eldritch maze!
User avatar
Visstar
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:29 pm
Location: Loch Caetar


Return to Guides, Spoilers and Walkthroughs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Style by Webdesign www, książki księgarnia internetowa podręczniki