As always – busy with the next fixes and feats! What can you expect from the upcoming update? Not only a more stable compendium with no blank screen freezes anymore, but a cool new bank feature! No more worrying about who’s got the purse, the shopkeepers of the Comkarthian Empire have agreed to work with the financial council to establish a more customer-friendly economy. More details on this coming soon… stay tuned!
Finally, the new update is live! This will not only remove the annoying forest map bug, but it will also bring new features to you.
Here is the list of the changes:
– Better introductory help screen overlay when starting a new game
– Show map performance increased
– Show stats on a new tab, just use the left arrow on your character screen
– Block Movement when showing Continue / Lore, so that you won’t accidently dismiss the dialogue
– Curing NUTS bug resolved
– Changed mitre to make it more usable
– Frequently used spells now being shown on top of the spell list when casting
In addition, the PDF engine was exchanged so that it consumes less memory. More performance and memory tweaks (crash issues) will be addressed with the next update (already in the works).
The german online gaming website gamepro.de just covered Silversword in an extensive Review!
Thank you very much for the 87 / 100 points! Here is the link to the review: German Silversword Review
Today, I would like to point you to a story that really makes me feel warm inside.
It’s like meeting someone who fully understands the reason for the development of Silversword.
Here we go: Top 11 of ’11 (iOS). Number 1 – Silversword.
Thank you very much Paul!
Tonight, the new update was published.
As you might have already noticed, the user interface was modified a bit. The game now says goodbye to the old-school bracket look, and uses more button-style elements. In addition, selecting a character has improved. A hint: If you want to change position, slightly move a character slot to either side. The slot will turn red and the hint will indicate that you can now move the slot to another position. I will make this more clear with the next update (which is already in the works).
Also, please visit our forums to get the latest news about the game. There is a problem with the forest map which might occur in certain circumstances, you can find the announcement for this here: http://silversword-rpg.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=346
All the best
Yes,… and 2.0.4 is already waiting for review 🙂
This one will bring major improvements to the UI. No more oldschool bracket links, I traded them in for button-style. Selecting things should become easier, and the character screen should be more user-friendly now (in terms of navigating). Just a few days and you can see for yourself. In addition, some more things were implemented:
– New character selection system
– Removed [ and ] explanation from manual
– Gwyddon now heals injured members
– Added Change Position + Charge! commands to manual + compendium
– Forget-Me-Nots are now easier
– Set Beacon spell now shows bound map name
– Included Map Notes HowTo in manual
– Inferno now accessible even if Maruziel was not yet defeated
– various manual / compendium additions
– some other fixes
With the upcoming update (2.03) we will give you more nice features and enhancements:
- Inferno now connected permanently to the world, so that you may visit it again later
- Hide in Shadows now always gets the highest initiative, making the rogue more powerful
- Arch Mages get a Rejuvenation spell to cure OLD
- Hidden characters now can be healed and affected by other friendly spells
- Mortifer’s Soul Whip now available for Wizards (added automatically if you have Mind Control already)
- A graphical level-up indicator was added
- The version number can now be checked on the settings screen
- Any throwing weapons will be re-equipped after a fight even if you have none left in your inventory
- Some map improvements and bug fixes
You are very welcome to visit our forums and suggest more improvements to the game. We are listening and trying to get everything done (did I mention that update 2.04 is already in the make?).
Thank you so much for your support dear friends of classic role-playing!