While my wife is working on the french translation of Silversword, I shoot many photos on Tenerife which perfectly fit into the story that the Flooded Island will unfold. Do you have any special wishes for the next expansion? Just write me an email or post it on our forums. Promised: I read all posts 🙂
I am very happy that Burger Becky (Rebecca Heineman) is really working on a remastered edition of the classic Bard’s Tale games.
Chances are that we might see a mobile version, for converting the existing C++ / Assembler Code to XCode/iOS can be done (by her – she told me 😉 ).
In the meantime, I am trying to get the Flooded Isles crowded with creatures, stories and riddles (for your gaming pleasure).
Thank you all for enjoying the game 🙂
Thank you very much for another great Silversword year, my dear fans of classic CRPG!
And while you surely will escape the ice and snow by visiting Inferno once again, I am working on the Flooded Isles. The major storyline develops, and new maps, monsters and items are already implemented. You really shouldn’t throw your seashells away…
- your thief could prepare your party for an ambush, jumping on an enemy and surprising it at melee range, ready to strike first?
- your thief could teach your party members how to hide in the shadows until a suitable wandering creature passes by so that you can actively look for company?
- that creature would turn hostile once you rob it of its money? 😉
- your thief could show you how to sneak past enemies, avoiding a confrontation completely?
- some genius invented a bedroll with which you could rest outside and let your health and mana regenerate?
Wouldn’t that be nice?
I’d say: Stay tuned for the next updates 🙂
- Eight new runes, that do not only give more damage / armour, but also give HP / SP regeneration, and even damage shields (automatic riposte when getting hit by an enemy).
- The Flooded Isles are being worked on.
- Heritage Expansion… the world gets tougher, and the landscape is changing…
You might like this one:
Bard Cheat Sheet
Fire Horn: 8 – 64
Dragon Horn: 8 – 64
Frost Horn: 10 – 120
Winter Horn: 10 – 120
Flame Horn: 100 – 290
Angel’s Harp: 50 – 350 vs. Undead
Demon Pipe: 200 – 600
Horn of Fury: 500 – 1500
Horn of Sodar: 2000 – 5000
Horn of Arsyth: Hesitation
Thank you very much my friends, for your great participation in the game’s development and your dedication to the forums.
Actually there are 1093 Threads with 5057 Posts online since the forums were established in 2011! GREAT!
With 526 members it really feels like a big family – you keep me going on 🙂
It’s time to once more add new features to Silversword, to enhance your Bard’s Tale adventure spirit. Things to come (after christmas, with the next update): Weaknesses and immunities to certain elements like fire, ice, poison, divine magic etc. — this should make some challenges more interesting and give me more opportunities of adding new spells. In addition, some more creatures are waiting for you on yet uncharted lands… happy holidays and best wishes for 2014!
Thank you for your support
P.S. Title edited due to lacking english knowledge *shame*
Join the discussion and give me your ideas!
You will find some exciting feature suggestions here: http://silversword-rpg.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1186
Have another cool idea? Show me 🙂
What if you could give more spice to your combat choices?
What if your fighter could rush to attack without much care about his defense?
What if your party would decide to always take on the strongest (or weakest) enemy first?
The combat is ready for stances! And they are badly needed because badass boss mobs with badass boss mob scripts are coming to the world of Tarnak. No more simple button smashing, these guys expect special treatment by your brave band of heroes.
All the best