Rise of the Dragons help needed

Here you will find player contributed guides and help topics.
flyboy5377
Posts: 2

Rise of the Dragons help needed

Post by flyboy5377 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:46 am

Ive killed Marziuel, placed the egg in the lava, now I do not know how to get to Watertop. I see the area marked on the map with the waterfall and the beanstalk but nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated.

User avatar
icetear
Site Admin
Posts: 1363

Re: Rise of the Dragons help needed

Post by icetear » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi there,

is the expansion active? You will see a + sign behind the game version number in the settings screen.
If there is no + sign, please restore your purchases and try again.
IF there IS a + sign, you should probably send me your saved game via the ingame mail function.

Kind regards
Mario
Silversword - the CRPG for iPhone+iPad now on the AppStore!
Please visit us on http://www.silversword-rpg.com
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/apps/silversword

flyboy5377
Posts: 2

Re: Rise of the Dragons help needed

Post by flyboy5377 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:43 pm

I do not have a + sign and have reloaded on two devices and the + sign does not appear. Thank you for your prompt response . The version says 2.48

User avatar
icetear
Site Admin
Posts: 1363

Re: Rise of the Dragons help needed

Post by icetear » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:31 pm

(just for the record: problem solved by e-mail).
Silversword - the CRPG for iPhone+iPad now on the AppStore!
Please visit us on http://www.silversword-rpg.com
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/apps/silversword

User avatar
Roland of Yew
Posts: 12

Re: Rise of the Dragons help needed

Post by Roland of Yew » Fri May 22, 2020 9:34 am

icetear wrote:
Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:34 pm
Hi there,

is the expansion active? You will see a + sign behind the game version number in the settings screen.
If there is no + sign, please restore your purchases and try again.
IF there IS a + sign, you should probably send me your saved game via the ingame mail function.

Kind regards
Mario
Hello Mario, First of all, I absolutely love your game, Silversword reflects the very best of the Bards Tale series while punching a huge ‘original’ stamp on the game story/mechanics etc. In fact, I wish InExile had contacted you when they were putting together their Bards Tale IV: Barrows Deep project!

Moving on, is the expansion for IOS still available? I cannot find any expansions associated with your AppStore profile nor a ‘+’ sign after the version number in settings, please advise.

User avatar
Visstar
Posts: 339
Location: Loch Caetar

Re: Rise of the Dragons help needed

Post by Visstar » Fri May 22, 2020 4:29 pm

The expansion is an in-app purchase. Tap the gear icon, then tap Shop.

Having the expansion before finishing the base game allows for an interesting cheat:
Spoiler
Show
you can go to Watertop and give your rogue the Master Thief skill so she starts gaining practice points early on. At around 10-15%, she begins each combat already hidden in the shadows, which is a big plus in a really tough fight.

You could also give a non-caster, like your bard, the alchemy skill. Then, if you're lucky enough to find garlic for sale in the shop, stock up and your alchemist will be able to heal party members.
Just be warned: some of the encounters are tough. You may do a lot of running before finding the village. But once you make it there, the road wardens will take you back safely.

And:
Spoiler
Show
You will need ten rubies to enter.
May the Vishanti guide me through this eldritch maze!

chrlpolk
Posts: 83

Re: Rise of the Dragons help needed

Post by chrlpolk » Fri May 22, 2020 11:44 pm

Roland of Yew wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:34 am
Moving on, is the expansion for IOS still available? I cannot find any expansions associated with your AppStore profile nor a ‘+’ sign after the version number in settings, please advise.
The way I got mine was in-game Settings > Shop > Rise of the Dragons, then a pop-up to confirm the in-app purchase. I would also recommend purchasing the compendium, not just as a "thank you" to Icetear for an awesome game, but because of the geeky goodness within!

And I have to agree with your assessment of Bard's Tale IV, I'm enjoying another playthrough of Silversword much more than that game. And as I've mentioned before, when I played the remakes of the first three games, I was like, "Where is this and that feature?" Then, "Oh, that was Silversword!!!" It feels that much like a proper Bard's Tale!

Edit: Doh, somehow I missed the first line of Visstar's post! LOL He is absolutely right, as expected (since it's technically supposed to be post-game content), the difficulty spikes up. Much like the initial romp through Bandit's Cave, except not as much room to grow (especially pre-DC) so run run run, no shame in living!

User avatar
Roland of Yew
Posts: 12

Re: Rise of the Dragons help needed

Post by Roland of Yew » Sat May 23, 2020 12:39 am

chrlpolk wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:44 pm
Roland of Yew wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:34 am
Moving on, is the expansion for IOS still available? I cannot find any expansions associated with your AppStore profile nor a ‘+’ sign after the version number in settings, please advise.
The way I got mine was in-game Settings > Shop > Rise of the Dragons, then a pop-up to confirm the in-app purchase. I would also recommend purchasing the compendium, not just as a "thank you" to Icetear for an awesome game, but because of the geeky goodness within!

And I have to agree with your assessment of Bard's Tale IV, I'm enjoying another playthrough of Silversword much more than that game. And as I've mentioned before, when I played the remakes of the first three games, I was like, "Where is this and that feature?" Then, "Oh, that was Silversword!!!" It feels that much like a proper Bard's Tale!

Edit: Doh, somehow I missed the first line of Visstar's post! LOL He is absolutely right, as expected (since it's technically supposed to be post-game content), the difficulty spikes up. Much like the initial romp through Bandit's Cave, except not as much room to grow (especially pre-DC) so run run run, no shame in living!
Visstar wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:29 pm
The expansion is an in-app purchase. Tap the gear icon, then tap Shop.

Having the expansion before finishing the base game allows for an interesting cheat:
Just be warned: some of the encounters are tough. You may do a lot of running before finding the village. But once you make it there, the road wardens will take you back safely.
Thanks to both of you, great advice and tips. 😃👍

To say that I was disappointed with BT IV is a complete understatement, like Ultima underworld and it’s ‘sequel/spiritual successor underworld Ascension both were HUGE let downs. WhenBards Tale 1-3 came out they were so ahead of their time that, perhaps stupidly, I had assumed we were going to see a similar advance in RPG mechanics, instead we were sold games whose retail releases weren’t acceptable a decade ago. 😞😞

As for ‘shroud of the avatar’ that was worse than even the two disasters mentioned above! Still, the good news is they are rebooting the SSI “gold box” series of crpgs, so hopefully we will see some true advances in the genre.

User avatar
Visstar
Posts: 339
Location: Loch Caetar

Re: Rise of the Dragons help needed

Post by Visstar » Sat May 23, 2020 3:09 pm

I'd love to see any of those games, even the disappointing ones, make their way to iOS, but I'm not holding my breath.
May the Vishanti guide me through this eldritch maze!

chrlpolk
Posts: 83

Re: Rise of the Dragons help needed

Post by chrlpolk » Sun May 24, 2020 2:59 am

Roland of Yew wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:39 am
To say that I was disappointed with BT IV is a complete understatement, like Ultima underworld and it’s ‘sequel/spiritual successor underworld Ascension both were HUGE let downs. WhenBards Tale 1-3 came out they were so ahead of their time that, perhaps stupidly, I had assumed we were going to see a similar advance in RPG mechanics, instead we were sold games whose retail releases weren’t acceptable a decade ago. 😞😞

As for ‘shroud of the avatar’ that was worse than even the two disasters mentioned above! Still, the good news is they are rebooting the SSI “gold box” series of crpgs, so hopefully we will see some true advances in the genre.
Don't play with emotions!!!

I haven't heard any news on legit updates on the Gold Box games?!?! I've seen a lot of attempts at recreations but they either ended up being FRUA machinations or got so into "new features" that they weren't really themselves anymore, and all of those I know of had their developers lose interest before completion. I have a Pool of Radiance mod for Neverwinter Nights 2 that I haven't started yet, but of course, it wouldn't be anything like the Gold Box game!

Ah, speaking of disappointing games! I paid way too much for Pool of Radiance 2 when it came out. And boy did I spend time trying to convince myself to like it! I really did try. Years later, I got to thinking about POR2 and thought, I was being too harsh, it had some good qualities - and I really wanted to play it again! I still had an old computer, and so a few hours in I was like, "Well, that's enough of that!" Now I see people calling for it on GOG and I almost joined in, but I was like, "Been there, done that!"

I do have all the GOG versions of Gold Box games. (Listed on site as "Forgotten Realms Archives volume 2" and "Krynn Series".) If you want to romp through the Gold Box games with a "newer" feel, download the free Gold Box Companion. It really adds a lot to gameplay, even if you ignore all the really geeky stuff and just use the map and character headers.

https://gbc.zorbus.net/

I have Ultima Ascension and... that's enough about that.

Post Reply