What does the dragon egg mean and how to get it? [ANSWERED]

Here you will find player contributed guides and help topics.
miniwheat1974

What does the dragon egg mean and how to get it? [ANSWERED]

Post by miniwheat1974 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:19 pm

ok, killed maruziel, got the egg, placed egg in its cradle,
now i am waiting for what? for it to hatch? for an expansion for this game after Christmas? what is the next step?
thanks again mario
looking forward to more.
greg

Trendar

Re: dragon egg

Post by Trendar » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:24 pm

I believe you're now waiting for the expansion.
Congrats. I hope you had as much as I did.

miniwheat1974

Post by miniwheat1974 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:52 pm

loved it, after getting frustrated and eventually quitting on bt1 and bt2, on iphone, after never getting through it on my c64, some, gosh, 30 years ago? geesh!! i was playing b21 and had the clue book while i was getting my oil changed and i told the attendant who asked me what i was doing, and i said i was playing a game from my youth, from the 80s, and he said, i was not even born yet. funny.
anyway now we wait for mario, cuz noone else has anything out there like this.

Trendar

Post by Trendar » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:03 pm

I had a similar experience.
I remember playing Bard's Tale 1 back in...1988 or so.
I must've been 13. I played it for an entire summer.
I didn't realize how much I loved that experience until the iPhone came out and I started seeing pocket RPGs that resembled BT. I looked and searched but didn't find anything exactly like it. There was a game called Dragon Bane that was similar. And I enjoyed playing that game. When I first tried Mario's Silversword, I was so excited. That was over a year ago. It was pretty buggy then. I gave it another shot a few months ago and wow, what a trip down memory lane. I've been a huge fan since. Thank you Mario!

wizardz

Post by wizardz » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:44 am

Miniwheat1974---

What Trendar did not say is Mario's working diligently on the expansion. It is not yet ready for prime time but promises to be even more fun and challenging (plus nostalgic). As I said in my other post, for now, you can continue to build your team in the inferno. Gather the best weapons, armor and runes. If you don't have at least one character in your party and the inn of each class, add the ones you're missing and bring them up to your current party's level. Be ready for the expansion.

gamerdork

Post by gamerdork » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:56 am

Well... I beat Mazuriel. But I did not get the egg. When I walk into the chest right after M, it takes me to Savage Crossing. Do I need to go back into the Inferno. I guess so because it won't let me go back the way I came from.

Game on!
- Corey

wizardz

Post by wizardz » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:57 pm

If I'm remembering correctly, the dragon's egg is in
Spoiler
Show
the dragon tower at ridge fault
not in the inferno...

gamerdork

Post by gamerdork » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:28 am

I thank you for the advice, but now I have been through (what I think is) the entire tower in ridge fault... Several times. And have not come across the dragon egg.

Anyone have any advice, guidance or flat-out spoilerage for a frustrated fellow silversword?

Thanks,
Corey

wizardz

Post by wizardz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:23 pm

You need to step into the lava fields --probably most of them--in the tower to get to whenever you get the egg. Many of them, if not all, teleport you to other areas of the tower. If I remember all this correctly it is a painful search. Have you tried walking on all of them?

gamerdork

Post by gamerdork » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:40 pm

Hmmm, maybe I am "digging in the wrong place!"

I am in the Dragon Tower (at least I thought that is what it is called)... I took Ridge Fault, found a few diamonds (on first visit down here actually), found DragonBone arrows, equipped Paladin with Stone Blade to gain entrance to (what I think is the) Dragon tower.

I have not come across any lava in this area. Am I in the wrong area of the world?

Game on!
- Corey