What does the dragon egg mean and how to get it? [ANSWERED]

Here you will find player contributed guides and help topics.
Curak

Re: dragon egg

Post by Curak » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:26 am

Sometimes in life you need to take a leap of faith.... There are more specifics on how to find the egg in the forum. Try the magic carpet.

SonnBoy99

Post by SonnBoy99 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:43 pm

I've mapped every square of Ridge Fault and found the Bone Bow and Bow Arrows. But can't find the dragon tower anywhere. I've found the pedestal with the riddle about equipping the Stone Blade to enter the tower but I can't seem to find the tower anywhere.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

ez1

Post by ez1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:12 am

Try walking on air ...

gamerdork

Post by gamerdork » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:28 pm

Mystics!

I'll give a little more (i.e., less mystical) as I also had major problems with this area. And while I did appreciate other players taking time to respond, the mystical responses did not help... until I found what they were talking about and THEN they make sense! But until that time some of the hints here seem to make no sense. Hindsight or some such...

Without giving too much away,
Spoiler
Show
there is a wall you must kick before you can walk on air.
I found it quite by accident (or perhaps ignorant persistence), having been through
Spoiler
Show
the area east of the tower entrance
at least four times prior.

I must say, after playing this game for what seemed to be hundreds of hours last fall, I have now played perhaps a grand total of about 5 hours this year! Perhaps I am just not dedicated enough, but it becomes frustrating having to head to the forums after spending hours bumping around wall after wall, in the hopes that someone posted something about getting where one is trying to go.

And to top it off, I still have not found the Dragon Egg! I am stuck
Spoiler
Show
in the Dragon Tower, managed to stumble my way through the three floors and accidentally find the secret wall, then got completely pwned by the darkness and lava combo! At least that is what I think happened, it was so fast!

Not sure at this point if I will ever finish this game. Which sucks, because it is so well written, and reminds me of the fun I had playing Wizardry (especially W8!). But it is/was often too difficult to want to continue.

Still, good luck all!
- Corey

icetear
Site Admin

Post by icetear » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:14 pm

I will add SECRET tags to the passable walls with the next update.
Nobody should need to bump every wall.

If you encounter walls that are not yet tagged with a SECRET (i.e. your rogue or a certain spell will NOT say "A secret is near"), please let me know and I will change that.

Kind regards
Mario
Silversword - the CRPG for iPhone+iPad now on the AppStore!
Please visit us on http://www.silversword-rpg.com
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/apps/silversword

SonnBoy99

Post by SonnBoy99 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:57 pm

I've managed to find the secret wall by jump bumping into every wall and the walking on air part was easy. But really I would like to play a game that doesn't requires looking for answers on the forums besides strategy type posts.

Now that I'm in the lava section of the dragon tower here's another complaint, sorry Mario. I'm playing in legends mode and can only save at the camps. In the lava section, it's just plain old trial and error on where to step. In regular mode you can just save, step, and if you die just reload. In legend mode, you have to reload and run back to the Dragon Tower all the way from the ruin camp.

Mario, these type of game play elements just make the game frustrating and not fun in the least bit. There is no skill involved besides dumb luck. Please don't include these types of game play elements in the expansion. I love the rest of the game though.

To end a long post, can someone please post the steps to make it through the lava section of the Dragon Tower please. I'm so tired of reloading the game for like the 10th time now. I found the first 3 steps, N, S, S, not S.

gamerdork

Post by gamerdork » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:30 pm

I will add SECRET tags to the passable walls with the next update.
That is a cool idea! I was thinking back to Wiz8, where a character with a good Senses score would announce hidden items. Or in D&D terms, an elf would have a chance for an auto-Search check when passing by a secret door. Your idea mimics those kinds of features.

Thanks Mario, even though the game play can be frustrating at times, perhaps the coolest feature is that the designer loves the game and is always open to feedback.

Game on!
- Corey

wizardz

Post by wizardz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:56 pm

You need to go up inside the tower to find the lava fields.

icetear
Site Admin

Post by icetear » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:10 pm

The first seven steps should be revealed on a certain square (a new log entry) before you enter the lava fields.
I will add the other steps in the next update, so that you have the chance of getting the whole path.

I intended the legend mode to be played after or besides the classic mode - and I know that some places are practically impossible to survive without previous explorations. If you have other places that you would like to have changed, please let me know.

Kind regards
Mario
Silversword - the CRPG for iPhone+iPad now on the AppStore!
Please visit us on http://www.silversword-rpg.com
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/apps/silversword

ez1

Post by ez1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:51 pm

There were some parts that I needed to look at the forum for help, but the dragon tower as Mario mentioned does tell you the path minus about one square. The darkness and dispel parts are just one or two squares. ..try relighting after moving out of the space. It's hard to believe you can through the entire game and get stuck on what I thought was a pretty simple part!