How to defeat Prowlers and Stalkers? [ANSWERED]

Here you will find player contributed guides and help topics.
coffee999

How to defeat Prowlers and Stalkers? [ANSWERED]

Post by coffee999 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:34 pm

It says I need a special item. Anyone know what it is

Curak

Re: Prowlers and stalkers

Post by Curak » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:30 am

Only thing that seems to work on them is the SIlverSword so far (Silver-> Werewolves). I have not tried anything with a Silver Rune yet - but gold/Bronze Rune doesnt seem to help.

Amalasuntha

Post by Amalasuntha » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:05 pm

Some of the bard horns work well against the prowlers. I have had no luck killing that shadow stalker thing. The silversword does a bit of damage, but either he has thousands of hit points or they regenerate between hits.

ez1

Post by ez1 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:12 pm

I believe any weapon with a rune on it will work

wizardz

Post by wizardz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Any weapon with a silver rune on it.

Bloodshot

Post by Bloodshot » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:31 am

Amalasuntha wrote:Some of the bard horns work well against the prowlers. I have had no luck killing that shadow stalker thing. The silversword does a bit of damage, but either he has thousands of hit points or they regenerate between hits.
Which horn? I've tried most of mine, with no luck.

Amalasuntha

Post by Amalasuntha » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:39 pm

Bloodshot wrote:Which horn? I've tried most of mine, with no luck.
Horn of fury and horn of sodar if I recall correctly. Putting silver rune on weapons makes a huge difference too!

Mavestyn

Post by Mavestyn » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:35 pm

No horns work. No spells work. Nothing but silver weapons. Has anyone beat these guys yet? My game keeps crashing when I fight them.

SonnBoy99

Post by SonnBoy99 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:42 pm

From the different post seems like a lot of people have beaten them. My party is about level 38 and was able to beat them by equipping my War, Pal, Rogue w/silver weapons and an AM with a safety wand.

I start by pushing the 15 prowlers back with the wand then beat on the Shadow Stalker first while my 2nd AM heals. It took about 10 rounds to kill the Shadow Stalker. Then I let the 15 prowlers into range, then cast Hesitation while my fighters beat up on them. I kept Hesitation going until they got down to about 5 to make sure they can't kill any of my fighters in one round.

wizardz

Post by wizardz » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:41 pm

I beat them with all seven of my characters having Silver Runed Weapons, including Rapiers of Forgus for the AM's who are in front. My Bard has a Singing Sword, Rogue and Warrior have Steel Boomerangs, and the Paladin has a Lance of Forgus. The AMs often throw Restore. It's a long battle of many rounds, but is winnable for me this way.