Silver Top Mtn. - Path through teleports [ANSWERED]

Here you will find player contributed guides and help topics.
trl1974

Re: Silver Top Mtn. - Path through teleports [ANSWERED]

Post by trl1974 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:15 pm

I have to say I am sorry. I have found the exit.

gamerdork

Re: Silver top mountain - aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh

Post by gamerdork » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:02 am

This page/link is no longer valid?
SonnBoy99 wrote:I posted the way out in another thread but here it is again. And I play this on legend mode the first time through as well. Don't put your frustration and assume it's a bug when it's not. You just haven't figured it out yet. And yes I agree it's a totally frustrating puzzle.

Here's my personal map of Silver Mountain Top. You want to get to the teleport destination "cc". The single letters/numbers are the teleports, and the double letters/numbers are their destination. Just make it to "c" on the map and you'll find your way out. Good luck.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5ijbbyfjpai4 ... .27.33.png

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Fri May 05, 2017 6:21 pm

Mario, I am trying to follow your instructions for escaping the Silver Mountains Top, but can't even make it to step 1!! Step one says to look for the first teleport in the grass in the east:

"The first teleport will hit you when you approach the southermost grass on the right side of the ridge."

As far as I can tell, I have stepped on every blade of grass in that area without being teleported. Is this the place you mean when you say "Southernmost grass"?
Silver Mountain Top grass.png
Silver Mountain Top grass.png (157.79 KiB) Viewed 5276 times
May the Vishanti guide me through this eldritch maze!

icetear
Site Admin

Post by icetear » Fri May 05, 2017 8:37 pm

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-05 um 20.34.24.png
Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-05 um 20.34.24.png (164.81 KiB) Viewed 5272 times
no.

look at the image.
Silversword - the CRPG for iPhone+iPad now on the AppStore!
Please visit us on http://www.silversword-rpg.com
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/apps/silversword

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Fri May 05, 2017 9:25 pm

Oh! I get it, thanks. I was too far to the south.

I considered mapping the teleports myself, but then the map would have been solid blue with little notes and I would have still had a nasty puzzle to solve. Glad I didn't have to. ;)

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:21 pm

This unsolved puzzle nagged at me long after I finished the expansion, so I decided to solve it myself the next time through. I'm happy to report that I did it without icetear's help, and all it took was careful mapping and some patience. I developed a system to save space on the map where odd numbers are teleports and the next even number is where the teleport lands. So 1 teleports you to 2, 3 to 4, etc. I either note exceptions or reuse the corresponding odd number.

Here's my map of the Silver Mountains Top teleport field. The key is #19, which teleports you to 20. Once you are at 20, just circle around 1 to the caution sign and you're out. Complete instructions below.
Spoiler
Show

Starting at the square under the one way door in the east (where the black party arrow is on the map), step west into #3, which teleports you to #4.

From #4, walk carefully around the rubble and through the shrub to #19. Beware of rotates! Check your bearing before moving. That's E-N-E-E-E-N-E. 19 teleports you to 20.

From #20, go E-S-S-W to avoid teleport #1 and you'll be at the "Caution: magnetic storms ahead!" sign. Just go south and you're through.

Map:

Silver-Mts-Maze.jpg
Silver-Mts-Maze.jpg (622.2 KiB) Viewed 2345 times

For some reason the map is showing up twice.

Spoiler below.

Sorry, I can't seem to get rid of it without also getting rid of the one inside the spoiler box above.

Oops.

Sorry.

:!:

= - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - =
Attachments
Silver-Mts-Maze.jpg
Silver-Mts-Maze.jpg (622.2 KiB) Viewed 2345 times

gtug

Post by gtug » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:11 pm

Thank you! This was driving me crazy, especially because I wasn’t even supposed to be here yet. Got all the way to the doors by accident and ol’ boy wasn’t even home.

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:30 pm

You can come back once you learn the ol' boy's name.

He will need a variety of objects from you, so unless you have explored thoroughly (or cheated by getting clues in the forum!) you'll be disappointed the first time, but at least you'll have the way mapped, so the second time will be pretty quick. :)

chrlpolk

Post by chrlpolk » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:24 pm

gtug wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:11 pm
Thank you! This was driving me crazy, especially because I wasn’t even supposed to be here yet.
Why did I suddenly have a flashback of the first Clerks movie?

:lol:

gtug

Post by gtug » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:08 am

chrlpolk wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:24 pm
gtug wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:11 pm
Thank you! This was driving me crazy, especially because I wasn’t even supposed to be here yet.
Why did I suddenly have a flashback of the first Clerks movie?

:lol:
Why do you smell like shoe polish? :lol: