Orc Shamans and other casters

Here you will find player contributed guides and help topics.
zandbear

Re: Orc Shamans and other casters

Post by zandbear » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:22 pm

I figured out a way to kill the Orc Shamans that works every time and I didn't have very high level spellcasters either. The trick is to have at least two spell casters with the Hailstorm spell and at least 40 spell points each. This spell will reach up to 50'. When you have eliminated all of the other monsters in the group attacking you, advance until you are 50' from the Orc Shamans and hit them with at least two Hailstorm spells. Do not come any closer than 50 or you will be within their striking distance. This will kill them most of the time. Occasionally one Shaman might heal the group before you have a chance to cast your second Hailstorm spell but this is not very often. Just fire another round of Hail at them if they do.

Martz

Post by Martz » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:17 am

You really need a Paladin. Their spells seem a bit lame at the start, but their power increases every five levels - so a Lv 20 shield spell would give a -4 AC bonus to your entire party. Furthermore, there is a pretty awesome weapon in the second half of the game that only a Paladin can use - believe me you will not want to miss out on this one.

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:55 pm

Rogues are also good at ranged weapons. Searching the ridge fault will get you a particularly awesome bow.

Orc shamans are very tough when you first encounter them. A hidden rogue can pick them off one by one with arrows or you can advance to melee range, absorbing damage as you go. Other than that, you're better off fleeing until you come up with Absorb Magic or Spectre Touch. Hailstorm is probably the best offensive spell till you reach Level 13 Sorcerer.
May the Vishanti guide me through this eldritch maze!