Walk through

Here you will find player contributed guides and help topics.
wizardz

Re: Walk through

Post by wizardz » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:09 am

Damuri,

You can get past the lava in Inferno with less HP than 1000, but it means casting healing every couple of steps to keep from frying. And I think it takes luck. With just over 1000 you can survive the fires if / when you find the correct path. I play conservatively and prefer to survive without carefully using gems and heals just to follow the path to the end battle.

Most players seem to rush to the next challenge before they are really ready. As I've said elsewhere, you can win the final battle with a low level Archmage or two (or the equivalent) and some sort of awesome fighter. The less awesome, the more challenging inferno becomes.

As Mario said, level 15 costs 200000 more XP than level 14 for each class. You are planning to go to level 13 in each class.
In each class level 14 costs twice what level 13 cost. Yes, for Sorcerers, the differential to level 15 costs less than the differential to 14 from 13. You'll get more HP raising a Sorcerer to level 20 than raising a Conjurer or Magician and the XP cost is the same after you have gotten to level 14 for either Sorcerer or Conjurer.

I can post the XP costs to level 15 for each class, but as you say the Compendium should have that info soon.

icetear
Site Admin

Post by icetear » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:24 am

I will update the compendium soon (with 2.2.0 I think).

Regards
Mario
Silversword - the CRPG for iPhone+iPad now on the AppStore!
Please visit us on http://www.silversword-rpg.com
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/apps/silversword

Damuri

Post by Damuri » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:55 am

I see where I misread the update notice. It makes me wonder if you wouldn't be better off just going for archmage right off thebat and getting your extra levels in archmage (or maybe get level 15 to bbegin with to get the racial bonus boost). Why do you think you are better off boosting sor erer rather than the just archmage. Does the incremental xp cost make a one xlass strategy difficult.

wizardz

Post by wizardz » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:40 am

Raising both the sorcerer and the Archmage an extra say ten levels each above the minimum of 13 costs less XP than raising either one twenty levels.

Having said that, if you stick with level 13 for each of the 4 lower Mage classes you can just raise tour Archmage to a high enough level to reach your HP target without too much difficulty. The new costs for levels above 14 have made this less of a challenge.

However, if you are racing to the "end" battle you really only need your Archmage to level 1, so raising your Sorcerers to level 25 or so will get you there quicker.

Damuri

Post by Damuri » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:48 pm

OK thats what I thought.

I figure the race bonus will be higher with a one class (archmage) strategy and it gets you all the spells faster (I actually got level 15 in my first class for the racial bonus).

I don't know exactly what +1 spell level does but there seem to be very few spells that key off of caster level (ray of fire, brain stab are the only ones that seem to explicitly key off of caster level (which I assume is the same thing as spell level).

Juc

Post by Juc » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Hello everyone,
Thank you for this wonderful game I just finished it 3 days ago :)
Just one question I cannot enter into the dragon tower is it due to the fact that I have no paladin in my group ? I have 2 barbarians, 1 hunter, 1 bard and 3 archmages.
Thanks in advance

Trendar

Post by Trendar » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:31 pm

Try creating a Paladin character and revisit the area.

Juc

Post by Juc » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:41 pm

Arf never thought about it :oops:
I have a level 8 paladin but I dropped it for a second barbarian.
I will try that thank you ;)

Trendar

Post by Trendar » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Let us know how it goes.

Trendar

Post by Trendar » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Do you found the stone blade yet?