Walk through

Here you will find player contributed guides and help topics.
femaiden

Re: Walk through

Post by femaiden » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:28 pm

icetear wrote:I admit, some clues are left out by intention for three reasons:

1. I want you to fully explore the game
2. I don't like games where the road is straight and clear
3. You are supposed to use these forums ;-)

If you encounter something that is misleading or unclear, please let me know. I will change the description then.
English is not my first language, so have mercy :-)

kind regards
Mario

ok...sorry for harsh language earlier. this is a great game, i was just frustrated because i wanted to figure it out on my own and i ended up having to come here to find the answers.

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:58 pm

Mario wrote: "English is not my first language, so have mercy."

I guessed from the use of words like Kommandatur and Stosstrupp that you might be (at least) bilingual. If English is not your first language, then kudos on your command of it!
May the Vishanti guide me through this eldritch maze!

icetear
Site Admin

Post by icetear » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:46 pm

Thank you very much :D
Silversword - the CRPG for iPhone+iPad now on the AppStore!
Please visit us on http://www.silversword-rpg.com
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/apps/silversword

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:46 pm

wizardz wrote:Castilla Artonsa ... Follow the El Condre through the North door. In the dungeon, mark the darkness transporters on your map and walk around behind them. If you follow the correct path, it does not get dark. Once you get through the maze you come to water bowl where you can save, heal and rest. Proceed on to the statue to the West.
This maze can be tricky if you are not VERY careful where you place your map markers for the teleports. Fortunately for the careless (it took me several tries, because I had carelessly put a marker on the adjoining square) the exact passage through that maze is given to you in the graveyard in the far northwest of the Astonsa Forest map! Just be sure to walk through every square of the crypt and "listen" carefully.
Spoiler
Show
SS WW NN WW SSSS EEEE SSS SSS WWWW

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:49 pm

Graypaws wrote:Near the Savage Crossing section, thrown weapons area, you mention the phrase "Soldiers hate March", what does that mean?
Think of "March!" as a verb and you'll get why soldiers hate it. ;)

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:57 pm

wizardz wrote:The Bone Arrows are in a chest at the end of a causeway on the same side of the water as the Dragon Tower.
These are insanely great if you have an archer (Hunter, Rogue). I recommend going to grab these as soon as you get the Stone Blade. Monsters cower at the very thought of my rogue with her Dragonbone Bow and Bone Arrows. 8-)

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:03 pm

Is there any shield better than a steel buckler that a monk can use? I have been farming Horon's looking for one made of Andursteel and Inferno looking for one of Forgus, but bronze is the best I have managed.

BTW in my opinion, Horon's Sanctum is the best farming location in the original. There are numerous set encounters, so you can easily rack up a million XP per visit with minimal risk and often no use of spells at all. Plus the drop frequency and item quality are better, with the one exception that you can only find Forgus gear in Inferno, AFAIK.

rakenan

Post by rakenan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:31 am

Visstar wrote:Is there any shield better than a steel buckler that a monk can use? I have been farming Horon's looking for one made of Andursteel and Inferno looking for one of Forgus, but bronze is the best I have managed.

BTW in my opinion, Horon's Sanctum is the best farming location in the original. There are numerous set encounters, so you can easily rack up a million XP per visit with minimal risk and often no use of spells at all. Plus the drop frequency and item quality are better, with the one exception that you can only find Forgus gear in Inferno, AFAIK.
I've found like 4 Andursteel Bucklers in Horon's Sanctuary. Probably because I don't use a Monk in my party, and everybody else can use better shields. But they definitely do exist.

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:33 pm

Thanks, rakenan. It's weird, because I don't think I ever found a single andursteel buckler! I did eventually find a buckler of forgus, which my monk now has emblazoned with an electrum rune.

There's a thread somewhere on best weapons and armor for each class. I'll have to find it and update it.

Curak

Post by Curak » Fri May 25, 2018 7:57 pm

I appears the new Forum has Disabled the ability to show hints in the walkthrough? I've tried on multiple browsers (safari on IOS, Chrome on windows and Explorer on Windows). Is this a problem with the new forum software or my browser combo?