Walk through

Here you will find player contributed guides and help topics.
HunterOfEvil

Re: Walk through

Post by HunterOfEvil » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:06 pm

For the inferno part of your walkthrough, wizardz, I think the path you mentioned in the spoilers has some mistakes in it. From the second teleporter I went
Spoiler
Show
WSSSSSENEESSE
. Then I would go E again but when I do, I get an Ouch! message. Can you correct the wrong parts please?

Edit: ok nvm I eventually got to the second section. Now’s time for 80-dmg-per-action zone! With a thief that has around 220 hp! This reminds me of the infamous postgame gimmicks in some RPG developed by Atlus. Teleporter mazes, high-damage tiles, insanely dangerous monsters... oof! At least they didn’t put in invisible walls!

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:02 pm

Does this help? I missed some teleports when mapping, but I *think* the path is correct.
Spoiler
Show
May the Vishanti guide me through this eldritch maze!

chrlpolk

Post by chrlpolk » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:38 am

HunterOfEvil wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:06 pm
Now’s time for 80-dmg-per-action zone! With a thief that has around 220 hp!
Yeah, that cheesiness of having the low-hp Rogue and healing counting as an action that you take damage after!

I always have problems with those instructions, too. I eventually figure it out, and I am convinced that they are right and I just lose my place. Once I finish the sequence I am satisfied and don’t worry about it again!

HunterOfEvil

Post by HunterOfEvil » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:34 pm

Oh, but I was actually wrong with the numbers! In Inferno lava does 100 points of damage!!! You really want to grind for sky-high hp or your caster’s gonna run dry.
Ok now I’m fighting Maruziel.

Edit : I made it! This was very tough without warriors, but the Priestesses and Demon lords fell to Aureus Night Lance and I spammed Hesitation to prevent Maryziel from acting. Had to use several Harmonic Gems, but I didn’t even get hit even once :lol: . It’s so satisfying when even the final boss can’t do a thing to you.

chrlpolk

Post by chrlpolk » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:19 pm

HunterOfEvil wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:34 pm
Oh, but I was actually wrong with the numbers! In Inferno lava does 100 points of damage!!! You really want to grind for sky-high hp or your caster’s gonna run dry.
I don’t remember the exact numbers of things, but I do remember I was having to heal after each step. My current party has a rogue, a monk (both low hp) and only one caster. I’m considering letting them die - heck, maybe letting the whole party die except the Archmage - and then just resurrecting everyone on the other side.

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:40 pm

Congratulations!

Re. the lava field, I just let my rogue die and revived her after the lava was done with. Otherwise it would have been step-restore-step-restore-step-restore...... I gave up on healing when I realized that we immediately too more damage right after the healing! :x

HunterOfEvil

Post by HunterOfEvil » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 pm

I’m now starting it over with another team. I rolled 8 characters, but no warriors. I did make a monk, tho. Current loadout is:
Human Monk, Hobbit Rogue, Human Hunter, Human Bard, 2x Gnome Magician and Gnome Conjurer.
(e: Human rogue is impossible, replaced with hobbit. Thanks to Solmage for pointing this out!)
The non-spellcasters are human to gain 6 stat points for 5 levelups. I noticed that the spellcasters get MUCH higher stats thanks to the reclassing system.

I also made a Human Paladin, but I don’t really know who should be removed in favor of him.

The monk is the group’s mule, and deals good damage. Heard somewhere else it could do chain damage, aka attacking/defeating multiple foes in a single round (how?)
The rogue picks locks and I expect him to crit reliably asap.
I decided to use melee hunter earlygame but once he’s got decent crit rate i’ll pick a bow for him.
The bard is invaluable thanks to letting the team escape when things go hairy and can heal over time.
And I prefer to have synced exp values for my three casters.

Anyway, with all those thoughts I think the rogue is going to switch regularly with my Paladin. If there’s a locked chest that’s TRZP-proof, well I can come back later, and the Paladin, while unable to crit, deals decent damage, has higher HP and prays to Sodar for those AC and THAC0 bonuses.
Last edited by HunterOfEvil on Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:26 pm

Yes, the monk's chain attack is a skill that grows over time. There's a formula, but basically the higher the level of the monk, the better the chance that after killing one foe, the monk will start "looking for another challenge" and attack another foe in the same group.

At one time, this % chance was too high and monks could take down 20 Greater Demons in one go. My current monk is level 28 and rarely takes down more than 4 creatures at a go, less if the foe is high level, like a demon.