15 inventory items + quest items not counted

Is there something you want to see in an update or an expansion? Let us know!
icetear
Site Admin

Re: 15 inventory items + quest items not counted

Post by icetear » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:13 am

Right now I am evaluating the housing prices throughout Gijatreg by request of the CEO and financial officer of the Comkarthian Bank. If I find some safe places, you will be able to deposit your items and gold once the bank buildings are set up.

In addition, it will be possible to access the money from the bank account in other stores (incl. the training hall + temples), meaning that the gold will automatically be transferred from your account to the shop owner if you don't have the proper change with you.

This is an easier approach than implementing weight to every single item ;-)

Regards
Mario

P.S. Yes, the original Bard's Tale had this easy approach, too ;-)
Silversword - the CRPG for iPhone+iPad now on the AppStore!
Please visit us on http://www.silversword-rpg.com
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/apps/silversword

ProjectGSX

Post by ProjectGSX » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:00 pm

+1 for quest items not taking up inventory space.

Nimue

Post by Nimue » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Yay, item deposit! As a pack rat, I'm all for it ;)
No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulderblades will seriously cramp his style. --Vlad Taltos

elkabong

Post by elkabong » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:28 pm

not sure you would need banks set up since we could just put stuff back in treasure chests in the original so wouldn't that be easier to program?
perhaps another option would be to have the quest items like door keys disappear after they are used and not required anymore in the game?

Prestols

Re: storage companies near me

Post by Prestols » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:16 am

mike32 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:28 pm
I'm finding the 12 inventory items a little short. I'm not looking for an unlimited inventory items. There is no need for it.
But I'm having the inventory of my melee character full without even having quest items !
My melee character have all the armor pieces they need + a crossbow and some arrows. 15 inventory items would be better for my melee character. Enabling them to carry an extra piece or two and still have one free item slot :) storage companies near me...

I think that quest items should not be counted toward the items limits, and there seems to be a lot of quest items.
Having a mule character out of the party is not a very funny way to deal with it.
Maybe add the quest items to a special inventory with unlimited space ? This last idea would ease a little the gameplay, because when you need to use a quest item, you won't need to search all your characters anymore, for THAT item you need :) Just looking at "Quest Items" would be enough !

Just my 2 cents, of course :)

Great idea!