Some thoughts after starting the game over

Enter the Tavern, take a seat, order a drink, and get ready for chatter!
Makarios

Re: Some thoughts after starting the game over

Post by Makarios » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:38 pm

Thanks Visstar,
Some great information!

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Enjoy the adventure! :)
May the Vishanti guide me through this eldritch maze!

icetear
Site Admin

Post by icetear » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:15 pm

Playing it again myself.
The monk definitely needs an adjustment now. He is just too powerful with the chain attack skill.
I think I will reduce the chance to about 50% of the actual value.

The Hesitation spell should also get an adjustment finally. Due to technical reasons I had to design it to last an entire second combat round - but this gives you too much power in combat. It should really only last the rest of the actual combat round, making it important to have your casters fire it sooner (high dex required).
This would make the stat food (apples) more important, in addition.

kind regards
Mario
Silversword - the CRPG for iPhone+iPad now on the AppStore!
Please visit us on http://www.silversword-rpg.com
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/apps/silversword

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:14 pm

Good thoughts, Mario. I like my super monk, but taking out 20 demon lords at a go does seem a bit much. Don't tweak him too much, though!

Same with Hesitation. It's extraordinarily powerful, but don't dilute it too much. Maybe give monsters a saving throw at the start of the second round, rather than have it wear off for everyone at the end of each round?

BTW, if you are tweaking, how about fixing your beloved lava so it only gives off damage once per square? As it is now, you can step into a square of lava, take damage, cast Restoration, and immediately take more damage.

Makarios

Post by Makarios » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:17 pm

After swapping out my melee characters a few times early game I finally settled on the Monk versus the Warrior because of those awesome chain attacks. Nothing like taking out hordes of enemies to make the fighting go a bit quicker. I do see how the monk could use a tweak, but I've been having fun with mine. I love seeing the dedication to this game, thanks!

Makarios

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:11 pm

Mario, I had a couple of thought about the monk's chained attacks that might be of interest.

1. Keep the odds of attacking another opponent the same as it is now, but decrease the number of attacks available by one or two each time. This way, the monk would have a decreasing chance of killing an opponent each attack.

or….

2. Change the odds of attacking the next opponent so it is based on how overmatched the opponent is. E.g. if the monster has 100 HP and the monk attacks for 101, there's a kill but it took everything the monk had to do it, so she can't attack another opponent. But if the monk hit for 130, it was an easy kill and she goes on to another opponent.

Makarios

Post by Makarios » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:19 am

I've haven't played much since the busy-ness of the holidays but came back just in time to see the latest update. I just got to Paradosa and I must say that now with the adjustment to the monk, every battle seems a bit more epic. Still having fun, just can't rely on quickly dispatching 12 curs in one turn. I do like the change and added challenge though, the monk was quick a bit more powerful than everyone else in that regard. While I'm here, I do have another question. Is there any gear that protects against STUN, or any spell that can "unstun" a party member? Often my paladin or bard gets stunned at the beginning of the fight and remains so the entire time. Thanks!

Makarios

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:27 pm

Makarios wrote:Is there any gear that protects against STUN, or any spell that can "unstun" a party member? Often my paladin or bard gets stunned at the beginning of the fight and remains so the entire time. Thanks!
No cure for being stunned that I know of except time. Even splashing healing potion in their faces doesn't bring them around! :)

Do be careful. Stunned characters have less defenses, so although there is no change visible on screen, their AC is much worse. You'll want to finish off an opponent ASAP or cast some sort of magical protection on the stunned party members to prevent further damage.