On the house

Enter the Tavern, take a seat, order a drink, and get ready for chatter!
MountainBard

Re: On the house

Post by MountainBard » Tue May 14, 2019 11:09 pm

And btw Visstar your bard song is awesome as well. My bard, Estrella, is busy learning both of them, and we look forward to hearing her sing them during our travels.
The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled. -- Plutarch

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 pm

Totally understand about the cats. I've spent hours trying to type with a cat draped across my arms. :roll:

P.S. Love your sig quote!
May the Vishanti guide me through this eldritch maze!

MountainBard

Post by MountainBard » Sat May 18, 2019 2:57 pm

I'm an old history teacher so Plutarch is right in my wheelhouse. Ironically though I came across the quote in a class called Psycholinguistics and Reading many years ago. It was a great course, largely because the instructor was superb.

As for cats.... my wife and I have had cats in our lives since before we were married-- over 42 years. We'd been without for over two years, which was unheard of for us, when Holly and Ivy came into our lives. They're sisters, rescue kitties. They're also torties (tortoiseshells.) We'd never had torties before. These are the two best cats we've ever had, and that's saying a lot. They came to us just before Christmas-- hence the names.

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Mon May 20, 2019 7:31 pm

I love those names. We adopted three kittens years ago when their mom died, and my young niece, who was reading Narnia at the time, named them Caspian, Tumnus, and Jadis (because she was so mischievous). When we adopted a sheltie a year later, we named him Aslan because of his mane. :)

Actually, I have a hard time coming up with names for my characters when I start a new game. Maybe next time I'll use Holly, Ivy, Caspian, Tumnus, and Jadis. :D

MountainBard

Post by MountainBard » Thu May 23, 2019 3:15 pm

You've definitely got the character-naming taken care of for your next game. I use Alathea a lot, as well as Leo Silvertip and Corwin (from the Amber series.)

Here are the girls after a successful morning hunt. Holly (foreground) made the kill and dragged the quarry out into the middle of the bedroom floor, where Ivy joined her to hang out, guard the shoe, and swap hunting stories.

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Thu May 23, 2019 6:51 pm

LOL! How many experience points for killing a shoe? :D

They are gorgeous cats. It's nice that they get along. Our three didn't get along so well, probably because the brother was so rambunctious, and one of the sisters left and moved in with a neighbor!

MountainBard

Post by MountainBard » Tue May 28, 2019 7:48 pm

I've been doing some research but I can't find much info on how many xp a shoe can be worth. I'm sure it must vary a lot, though.