Beyond the Guardians of the Grove

Enter the Tavern, take a seat, order a drink, and get ready for chatter!
calmrider

Beyond the Guardians of the Grove

Post by calmrider » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:22 am

Not sure if anyone else has managed this, but I killed the 5 guardians of the grove last night and got into the next part of the game. Did it with Shadow Figurine (can't remember the name of the monster summoned), Rogue, Hunter, Pally, Bard (with Frost Horn) Conjurer and Magician. 2 x critical hits first round, (shadow and hunter) critical hit from Rogue 2nd round then finished them off with Frost horn and Star Fire and Battle Strike each round. Anyway, once beyond you get to Savage Crossing where you learn a new bard song amongst other things. I've since ventured into the Deep Forest, Lock Caetar and am now in the Grave Mound. The game looks awesome! I'm severely underpowered since I can't level up any further, but having fun encountering some tough enemies! Can't wait for full release...

icetear
Site Admin

Re: Beyond the Guardians of the Grove

Post by icetear » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:40 am

calmrider wrote:Not sure if anyone else has managed this, but I killed the 5 guardians of the grove last night and got into the next part of the game. Did it with Shadow Figurine (can't remember the name of the monster summoned), Rogue, Hunter, Pally, Bard (with Frost Horn) Conjurer and Magician. 2 x critical hits first round, (shadow and hunter) critical hit from Rogue 2nd round then finished them off with Frost horn and Star Fire and Battle Strike each round. Anyway, once beyond you get to Savage Crossing where you learn a new bard song amongst other things. I've since ventured into the Deep Forest, Lock Caetar and am now in the Grave Mound. The game looks awesome! I'm severely underpowered since I can't level up any further, but having fun encountering some tough enemies! Can't wait for full release...
Hello Calmrider :-)

Enjoy it - indeed that part of the game wasn't to be explored until the full version *g*
But if you managed to get through these encounters with only level 6, you have earned it!

Regards
Mario

P.S. This will no longer be possible because the path after the guardians was changed to prevent moving further in the lite version, sorry ;-)
Silversword - the CRPG for iPhone+iPad now on the AppStore!
Please visit us on http://www.silversword-rpg.com
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/apps/silversword

calmrider

Post by calmrider » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:03 pm

Made it to the third level of the grave mound with help from my Lesser Demon but too weak to survive for long...heading back to Savage Crossing.

calmrider

Post by calmrider » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:26 pm

Now stuck at the riddle at the bottom of the ground mound.

calmrider

Post by calmrider » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Just updated to latest version and found the shop in the Deeper Forest. My hunter is enjoying the Elven Bow and Sniper Arrows. Seems like all the monsters now have a much higher magic resistance, Star Fire and Battle Strike are barely scratching them now.

Veerwing

Post by Veerwing » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:37 pm

I just got the "Shadow Figurine" so I'm going to drop a character (probably Bard) and go camp the spot before the trees and try the battle / load game scenario until I can get past this... Good job moving forward!!! Wish there was more in the LITE version. :twisted:

~Veerwing

calmrider

Post by calmrider » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:01 pm

Good luck! The only problem is that Mario has now closed the road between the forest and Savage Crossing so you won't be able to progress any further...

Veerwing

Post by Veerwing » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:47 pm

Ahh so if you upgraded to the new patch then you can't progress at all huh?

~Veerwing

icetear
Site Admin

Post by icetear » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:58 pm

Veerwing wrote:Ahh so if you upgraded to the new patch then you can't progress at all huh?

~Veerwing
The maps after the forest weren't meant to be explored in the lite version ;-)
But for those lucky fellows who managed to get past the guardians, I let them go on to spread the word of what lies beyond.

As of patch 1.9.3 if I remember correctly, the path was corrected. No advancement past the forest possible anymore.

Regards
Mario
Silversword - the CRPG for iPhone+iPad now on the AppStore!
Please visit us on http://www.silversword-rpg.com
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/apps/silversword

calmrider

Post by calmrider » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:33 am

Yep update 1.93 closed the path. I just made it to The Swamp this evening and found the secret camp and passage but am way too weak to get anywhere. I did find a chest and got some bagpipes that lower my ac by 4. My bard now has an ac of -21 with no spells activated, nice!
Last edited by calmrider on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.