Spell Point regeneration

Enter the Tavern, take a seat, order a drink, and get ready for chatter!
icetear
Site Admin

Re: Spell Point regeneration

Post by icetear » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:43 am

wizardz wrote:When you have another day until the fountain resets, just go to the camp and it becomes the next morning. There is no apparent time limit, so just advancing the clock by going to the camp is an easy way to get the fountain to refresh.
Uhm, thanks for pointing me into this ;-)
This is not intended, and I am sorry to say that I have to change this to avoid some other problems (esp. with the expansion). So the deal will be: Visiting the guild will advance the time to the next morning, but only if it is evening already. The intention of skipping time was to avoid the night.

Kind regards
Mario
Silversword - the CRPG for iPhone+iPad now on the AppStore!
Please visit us on http://www.silversword-rpg.com
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/apps/silversword

Ramzes

Post by Ramzes » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm agreeing with the above: it's ok as it is, don't make it easier for, as one person put it, cry babies.

However, to keep your customers satisfied there are 2 things you can do:

As Wizardz suggested, spell (ho hum) out the options in the help file.
As I suggested somewhere else, add an easy option that increases spell regeneration.

There were also good suggestions for spreading the magic workload among characters like the rogue and especially the paladin although I seem to remember kitting my bard out with a kick-ass horn or wand.

One thing I would like to see changed is the spell mastery discount. Every 50 uses or so. When I read about this in the help file I expected that when I finished the game most of my spells would be at half cost, especially the lower level ones. Yes I could afford them easily when my magic users had lots of spell points but even still, I had hoped that at higher levels or when upgrading class they would be more pros at those spells. Maybe a discount on lower level spells each time a new spell level was reached.

Damuri

Post by Damuri » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:45 pm

If I had to choose anything to make the game easier, I would prefer being able to choose which trait increases with level up. Nothing is more frustrating than rolling max HP/SP and increasing your constitution to 26.

wizardz

Post by wizardz » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:14 am

Now that there are maximums on each of the stats, getting a random stat (skewed to your primary stats) is not as bad as it used to be for me. With no upper limit it was more important to reroll (if that's your style) than it is now. I just accept the less preferred stat, knowing I'd be increasing that stat sooner or later anyway.

Damuri

Post by Damuri » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:30 am

Don't you need to get to level 80+ to cap all your stats?

Am I being too optimistic about getting through the game waaaay before that (mages will probably get there but I'm not sure that my paladin will)

wizardz

Post by wizardz » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:06 am

No, although most players try to get through the game too early, you can get through way before you max out the stats. For me it is just less frustrating when I realize that I can accept any stat on my level up rolls...

gamerdork

Post by gamerdork » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Ramzes wrote:One thing I would like to see changed is the spell mastery discount. Every 50 uses or so. When I read about this in the help file I expected that when I finished the game most of my spells would be at half cost, especially the lower level ones. Yes I could afford them easily when my magic users had lots of spell points but even still, I had hoped that at higher levels or when upgrading class they would be more pros at those spells. Maybe a discount on lower level spells each time a new spell level was reached.
+1
Damuri wrote:If I had to choose anything to make the game easier, I would prefer being able to choose which trait increases with level up. Nothing is more frustrating than rolling max HP/SP and increasing your constitution to 26.
+1

Game on!
- Corey

Trendar

Post by Trendar » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:51 pm

I know I'm commenting weeks after this post, but one thought:
If you're burning through SP that quickly (in the early part of the game), perhaps you should think about being more judicious with them. That's part of the beauty of the game in my opinion.
I had to take advantage of my fighters and hunter and bard (and Paladin). In the early going, SP are really valuable. It gets easier as your casters level up. But when you get the level-3 spells (that is to say, level 5 mag/conj character), there's a temptation to try to kill every monster-group with Battle Strike or Star Fire. Sometimes, you have to kill them with weapons and bows. It means your party will require more attack-turns, which in turn means your characters will get hurt more, but there's a nice balance to be had. Weapons - Spells - Healing Balm -- sometimes you just gotta retreat to save yourself (including SP) and live to fight another day.

wizardz

Post by wizardz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:20 pm

Good point. Plus, your casters in the beginning can use their spells for healing. Once you get to Savage crossing, you can arm them with butterflies and they can help attack the monsters.

Damuri

Post by Damuri » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:30 pm

icetear wrote:
wizardz wrote:When you have another day until the fountain resets, just go to the camp and it becomes the next morning. There is no apparent time limit, so just advancing the clock by going to the camp is an easy way to get the fountain to refresh.
Uhm, thanks for pointing me into this ;-)
This is not intended, and I am sorry to say that I have to change this to avoid some other problems (esp. with the expansion). So the deal will be: Visiting the guild will advance the time to the next morning, but only if it is evening already. The intention of skipping time was to avoid the night.

Kind regards
Mario
You know what might be useful is a clock

It would make timing the burial mound and mana fountains easier

Maybe even a camp function (with appropriate random encounters) so that we don't have to sit in front of the burial mound or training hall waiting for it to open