Walk through

Here you will find player contributed guides and help topics.
Visstar

Re: Walk through

Post by Visstar » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:58 pm

Not on my iPad. I'll have to try tomorrow on my Mac.

Mountainbard, are you also using an iPad to view the forum?
May the Vishanti guide me through this eldritch maze!

icetear
Site Admin

Post by icetear » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:08 pm

on small screens there should be a magnifying glass at the top right of the screen which takes you to the search page.

If not, please send me some screenshots of your forum, so that I can try to fix that.
Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-24 um 20.08.16.png
Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-24 um 20.08.16.png (153.04 KiB) Viewed 6048 times
Silversword - the CRPG for iPhone+iPad now on the AppStore!
Please visit us on http://www.silversword-rpg.com
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/apps/silversword

icetear
Site Admin

Post by icetear » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:10 pm

in addition, a search link is avaiable in the menu at the top of the page.
Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-24 um 20.09.39.png
Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-24 um 20.09.39.png (133.1 KiB) Viewed 6048 times

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Sorry, neither is working on my iPad (iOS 10.3.3). I'll have to email you the screenshot since I can't see how to attach it.

All I see under Quick links are "Members" and "The team."

icetear
Site Admin

Post by icetear » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:22 pm

Fixed the permissions for registered forum users.
Please check again!

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:43 pm

It works! I just successfully searched for Miners Deep. (And found many posts describing how difficult and devious level 5 is!!)

MountainBard

Post by MountainBard » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:08 pm

Visstar, thanks for the reply. I use a PC to view the forum. I'm glad you can view & search it on iPad now. Way to go, Mario!
The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled. -- Plutarch

RayGrant

Post by RayGrant » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:57 am

I'm new to this game. Really appreciated for the in-depth walkthrough. Thank you so much, wizardz! Check my review for cookware and review for baby feeding and recipe
Last edited by RayGrant on Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

MountainBard

Post by MountainBard » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:50 pm

I agree, Ray. It is tremendously helpful, and a lot of work obviously went into it. I haven't been able to understand this, though:

"Once you get your spell casters to level 13 and buy them the level 7 spells, you can change their classes and move on to the Forgotten Crypt. This through the trees east and south of the hut with the hint to search the trees. Yes, you can do it sooner, but to be able to handle the path to the final battle you'll probably want all your characters to have at least 900 HP and a slow, balanced approach makes the interim battles more easily manageable. The traps in the Forgotten Crypt can be deadly for low level groups, however a level 13 Rogue will help your party avoid them without danger."

Unless I've really missed something, or unless there's another Forgotten Crypt, you don't need anywhere near this kind of firepower to clear it.
The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled. -- Plutarch

Visstar

Post by Visstar » Wed May 01, 2019 5:01 pm

You don't need anything near that level of firepower. Wizardz loves to grind and become invincible no matter how long it takes. :) And there's certainly something to be said for that. My first time through, I was trying to get to Annsharbour as quickly as possible (because people kept telling me how urgent it was!) and got in way over my head. So you do want to do some grinding and leveling up. E.g. I don't think it's possible to survive the Ridge Fault, Bandit's Cave, or the Grave Mound unless you have both Farther Foe and Hailstorm. That means both your magic users should have hit level 13 and changed classes to go to those places.

However, getting to level 13 BEFORE the Forgotten Crypt would take forever, and IMHO is not a good strategy because the Forgotten Crypt is actually the best grinding in the early part of the game. Use it to get Giant Strength and Electrify, then move on to Savage Crossing where the experience points are a bit higher. You can take a shortcut through the trees north of the Forgotten Crypt, but beware of the guardians! Save before your first encounter with them. As they are an order of magnitude tougher than anything you've seen so far!

BTW once you have two magic users with level 7 spells, you might attempt your first foray onto the ridge fault. Save first, just in case — the Mountain Dwellers are even tougher than the Guardians of the Grove! But once you get your strategy down and build up your spell points, this is the best grinding for a long time since the items you can find here are so good. I like to grind there until I have found at least one of each of these: Sorcerer's Hood, Ring of Destruction, and Demon Pipes.